To help make requesting immigration letters easier, Georgia Tech has partnered with The Work Number®, an automated service that protects your personal information. Immigration letters are designed for employees who travel internationally, supporting documentation for filing immigration forms with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, or for visa interviews with the U.S. Consulate.
- Visit ServiceNow to request support.
In the sections below, if you are asked to enter your User ID and password, please note the following:
- Your User ID is your Social Security Number
- Your PIN is the last four digits of your Social Security Number + your year of birth (YYYY).
- You will be forced to change your PIN after you log in for the first time. If you have changed your PIN and cannot remember the number, please use the Auto PIN Reset feature or call 1-800-367-2884 and follow the prompts as an “employee needing assistance”.
Please select one of the options from the list below to learn how to obtain an immigration letter:
Step 1: Login to the work Number
- Go to www.theworknumber.com or call 1-800-367-2884
- Enter the Georgia Institute of Technology Employer Code of 15799 and select the red Log In button.
- Select “I want to use other account features”.
- Enter your User ID (Social Security Number)
- Enter your PIN
Step 2: Obtain the Immigration Letter
- From the employee menu, select Immigration Verification.
- A new browser window will open an informational page that explains the service.
- To display your letter, click the Get Verification button.
- You may print this letter as many times as you need to by using your Web browser’s print button.
- When you are finished, close the browser window to return to the employee menu.
Please note that if your session with The Work Number has timed out at any time during the process, you will need to login again.
Step 1: Call The Work Number service center at 1-800-996-7566.
Step 2: Tell the representative you work for Georgia Institute of Technology and need an immigration letter.
You will need to provide the representative the following information:
- Your Social Security Number
- Employer Code: 15799
- A fax number where the representative can fax the letter
- A mailing address where the representative can send the letter
The Work Number service center is available Monday – Friday; 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. (EST) at 1-800-996-7566 or 1-800-424-0253 (TTY).