TechWorks provides the ability to access your W2's and other self-service information up to 24 months after your employment with Georgia Tech has ended.

Please note: Access to TechWorks is limited to Georgia Tech campus networks and VPN (virtual private network). For VPN instructions, visit https://oit.gatech.edu/web-applications-through-vpn

Need Assistance?

  • Submit Employment Verification Requests here.


Retirees are now able to sign into TechWorks and access Employee Self-Service. Reprints of W2 and 1042-S forms (through 2001), pay advices (through February 1999), and general inquiries about HR information may be made online.

To access this information, retirees should go to techworks.gatech.edu and enter their GT Account and password in the Faculty & Staff Sign-In box. Forgotten or expired passwords can be reset by contacting the Customer Support Center at 404-894-7173. The retiree will need to:

  • Request that the password be reset for their employee account
  • Provide their gtID#
  • Answer questions to help verify their identity

Since passwords will automatically expire if they are not changed at least once every 90 days, it is recommended that retirees and terminated employees set up password hints which will allow them to reset their passwords online in the future. Go to passport.gatech.edu, click on Password Hints and follow the instructions

Unemployment Compensation

What Is It?

  • Unemployment insurance is temporary income for workers who are unemployed through no fault of their own. The funding for unemployment insurance benefits comes from taxes paid by employers. Employees do not pay any costs.


  • Eligibility for benefits is determined based on past wages, reason for job separation, availability, and job search requirements.

Hearing Process

  • Managers/supervisors who are involved in a hearing for a contested unemployment claim should contact their HR representative.

*Courtesy of Georgia Department of Labor - Unemployment

Filing a Claim 

Claims for unemployment insurance may be filed at any Georgia Department of Labor career center. When filing a claim, you should bring:

  • Your social security number; a claim cannot be filed without a social security number
  • Employer-issued separation letter or notice, if one was provided
  • Names and addresses of all employers for the last eighteen months and the dates worked for each
  • Proof of immigration status if not a U.S. citizen
  • Personal check with account number and bank routing number if you want benefits deposited directly into a checking or savings account
  • Claims are effective on the date they are filed and are not retroactive to the last day worked